Govstack CMS V1.1.0 Release Notes
We are pleased to bring release version 1.1.0 to the Govstack content management system (CMS), scheduled to occur on Thursday, June 22, 2023, at 4:30 a.m. EST.
Product: Govstack CMS
Release category: Key Improvements and Bug Fixes
Release date: Thursday, June 22, 2023 | 4:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. EST
Release number: 1.1.0
Upcoming outage window
To update the system with the newest release, please be advised that there will be a planned Govstack CMS outage window on Thursday, June 22, 2023. If your Govstack website is live, your outage window will be approx. 15 minutes at some point from 4:30 a.m. to 6 a.m. EST.
If your Govstack website is still in pre-launch stage, your outage window will be approx. 15 minutes at some point from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. EST.
In both cases, your users will not be able to access the back end of Govstack CMS and public visitors will not be able to view your website during this 15-minute period. Please ensure all content you are working on is saved prior to the start of this release window.
Key improvements and bug fixes
With this release, the following updates will be included:
- New dual-search feature
Added new dual-search component feature that allows libraries to configure a 3rd party online catalogue search for their website visitors.
- News search & filter utility Website branding will now be automatically applied to the search & filter utility that runs down the sidebar of the news listing page.
- News subscribe page access to the design node is only available on the CMS Premium plan. Subscribe and confirm buttons will now inherit the value configured in the branding of the website defined in the design node. Note:
- Photo galleries Updates to title and footer text displayed on the light window used by photo galleries to meet accessibility contrast requirements (black text on dark grey has been corrected to white text on dark grey).
- Hyperlinks Update to apply a bold style to hyperlinks in content areas to meet accessibility requirements.
- User groups Resolves an issue whereby administrators were getting removed from user groups they manage.
- Contact directory
- Resolves an issue whereby hyperlink colour was not inheriting the value configured in the branding of the website defined in the design node.
- Resolves an issue whereby a contact accordion closes when clicking on the phone number hyperlink on the public-facing website. Note: access to the design node is only available on the CMS Premium plan.
- News subscribe page Resolves an issue whereby the reCAPTCHA V3 badge overlaps the cookie consent button on mobile views.
- Navigation menu on forms and events Resolves an issue whereby the top navigation dropdown menus are not functional.
Thank you for your continued support of Govstack! We look forward to bringing more product improvements in the future.
Your team at GHD Digital