Govstack CMS v1.2.0 Release Notes
We are pleased to announce that Govstack version 1.2.0 is coming to you soon!
Product: Govstack CMS
Release category: Standard Production Release
Release number: 1.2.0
Release window details
During the release window, the Govstack CMS will experience a brief outage. We recommend you save all work prior to the release window, and avoid making edits during this time.
Please be advised that this will be a staggered release. You will be sent an email in advance to let you know what date and time the release will be rolled out to your website.
Here's a summary of what's being included in this release:
- You can now upload files as large as 150MB (raised from a 30MB limit), giving you more flexibility to manage your media content.
Search Engine Optimization
- We've implemented some changes to boost your website's search engine visibility. You'll now find redirects in place for your XML Sitemap and Robots file:
- “/sitemap-xml/” URL redirects to “/Sitemap.xml”
- “/robots-txt/” URL redirects to “/Robots.txt”
- Your website's appearance matters, and we've made several updates to enhance your branding, improve how your site looks on various devices, and ensure better accessibility for all your visitors.
- Now, when you specify an aspect ratio using the “Listing Image Style” setting, the image thumbnail will be displayed just the way you want it.
News RSS Feed
- Hyperlinks in the RSS feed now correctly link to individual news articles.
- We've tidied up the public-facing side of your website. Empty links will no longer appear when "Email" and "Location Text" fields are left empty for a contact.
- If you choose a transparent header in the theme settings, it won't get in the way of your alert bars anymore.
- Navigating through menus is smoother now. The "View Full Menu" and "Close Full Menu" links on the right-side sub navigation are working as they should.
Save & Preview
- The "save & preview" feature now works for users who are part of 12 or more user groups.
- We've decluttered your XML sitemap to focus on what matters most. The following items will no longer appear:
- Alerts Folder
- Parsers Folder
- Custom Integrations node
- Search Engine Configurations
- News Authors
- News Categories Folder
- Contacts List Folder
- Contacts Categories folder
Your team at GHD Digital