Enter a unique name for the call to action in the 'Name' field. This will make it easier to to identify a specific call to action in the back office of Govstack if you have more than one call to action on a page.
Calls to Action
You can add a call to action on your Govstack web page to engage your users and encourage them to take a specific action, such as subscribing to a newsletter, providing feedback or visiting a web page. A call to action includes a heading, button and optional subheading and text.
Add a call to action
To create a call to action, you need to:
- Navigate to the page you'd like to add a call to action to
- Select the 'Add content' button under the 'Main content' area of the page 'Content' tab
- This will open the 'Add content' slide-out panel
- From here, select the 'Call to Action' component
- Under 'Heading', create a heading and tag it with the appropriate heading level
- Under 'Secondary heading', you have the option to add a subheading that will appear below your main heading. Select your subheading size
- Under 'Text', add any text you'd like to appear below your heading(s)
- Under 'Buttons', add a button for where you want your call to action to link to
- Select 'Create' to add the call to action to the page
Call to action settings
You can adjust the look and layout of your call to action through the settings tab. To access the call to action settings, select the 'Settings' tab located at the top of the 'Call to Action' slide-out panel.
Review each of the call to action settings to learn more.
Select whether you want the text on your call to action to be left-oriented, centred or right-oriented. It's generally recommended to left orient text in English since we read from left to right.
You can customize the content colours of the call to action using the colours that are part of your website design. Depending on your website design, you can add a coloured background behind the call to action to create a hot spot on the page.
The colour options are based on the design of your website. You may be able to change the design colours depending on your Govstack plan. To get access to the website design features, speak with your GHD Digital Account Executive.
If you'd like, you can add an image to the background of a call to action. To do this, you need to:
- Select the '+' icon next to the 'Background image' field
- This will open the 'Media' folder
- From here, choose the folder that contains the image you'd like to add
- Select the image you'd like to insert
- Press the "Select" button
Adding an image behind text can cause colour contrast issues for users with low vision or colour blindness. You should only add an image behind text if it meets the colour contrast ratio requirements associated with accessibility legislation in your region.
Background image options
You can also set a few options for a background image, including the placement of the image, size of the image and whether or not the image repeats. We recommend testing out the different options until you find the one you like the best.
This setting only applies if you are using a page with a 'Full' page layout. Typically full page layouts are reserved for the home page of your website or any landing pages you've created.
You can add animation to the call to action by selecting the 'Animate' toggle. Once the 'Animate' toggle is selected, you'll have the option to customize the:
- Animation style
- Animation delay (seconds)
- Animation duration (seconds)
From the 'Animation style' dropdown menu, select the type of animation you'd like to add. There are a variety of different animation options in the following categories:
- Attention Seekers
- Bouncing Entrances
- Fading Entrances
- Light Speed
- Rotating Entrances
- Sliding Entrances
- Zoom Entrances
We recommend testing out a variety of animation styles to select the one you like the most.
Animation styles can cause accessibility issues for some users visiting your website. For example, some users may experience motion sickness when viewing animated elements on your website.
Using the 'Animation delay' slider, select the time in seconds that you'd like to delay the animation.
You can select how long you'd like the animation to last by using the 'Animation duration' slider. Select the number of seconds you'd like the animation to continue on the public website.
You can create an anchor link that will link a user to this specific part of the content page. If you'd like to create an anchor link to the call to action in the future, you can add a unique name in the 'Anchor name' field.
In the 'Custom classes' field, you can add any custom CSS classes you may have. Custom CSS classes can be found in the Design node under the 'CSS' tab in the Govstack back office.
If you'd like to add more than one custom class, you'll need to leave a space between each class.
Depending on your Govstack plan, you may not be able to access the Design node in the back office. If you'd like to be able to add custom CSS and get access to the website design, contact your GHD Digital Account Executive.
You can select additional styles to the call to action, including:
You can remove the spacing around the call to action by selecting one of the following options:
- Remove spacing
- Remove spacing top only
- Remove spacing bottom only
You can customize the visibility of the call to action. Select one of the following options:
- Hide on all screens
- Hide on extra small screens
- Hide on small screens
- Hide on medium screens
- Hide on large screens
- Hide on extra large screens
Select one of the following options if you'd like to customize the design of the call to action:
- Show shadows - this will add a shadow effect to the call to action
- Sticky - the call to action will stay on the screen even as users scroll down the page
Turn on the 'Hide from website' toggle if you'd like to hide this component from the web page.