There are a few different types of layouts that you can format for the interior pages of your website. Page layouts are responsive across all types of devices, including desktop, mobile phone and tablet.
Add a page layout
To add a layout style to your page, you need to:
- Navigate to the page in the Govstack back office
- From the 'Content' tab, select one of the page layouts presented in the Layout section
- Select the 'Save and preview' button to see how the layout looks on the live website
Types of page layouts
There are three types of page layouts available for you to choose from:
- The 'Full' page layout orients the content across the entire screen.
- The 'Left' page layout orients the content on the left-hand side of the page, with a side navigation menu presented on the right.
- The 'Right' page layout orients the content on the right-hand side of the page, with a side navigation menu on the left.
We recommend selecting the 'Left' or 'Right' layout style for interior content pages, as this option presents a side menu, allowing your users to easily navigate through your website.
The 'Full' page layout works best for the website's home page or any landing pages that you might have on your website.
Follow your organization's website guidelines
Before you create a new page layout, be sure to check your organization's website guidelines, as there may be instructions to use a certain style in order for your pages to stay visually consistent throughout the site.