Create a Page Template
You can create reusable page templates in the Govstack CMS to give a group of pages on your website a similar look or feel. They provide consistent structure and settings for a specific page type. Page templates can also save you time when creating web pages if you find yourself adding the same page components and elements every time.
Create a page template from an existing page in the content tree menu
To create a reusable page template, go to the 'Content' tab in the Govstack main menu and:
Locate the page that you’d like to make into a template
Right-click on the content tree item and select ‘Create Content Template’
Name your content template in the ‘Name’ field. Note: The name of the content template cannot be modified once created. We recommend you enter a name that describes where the page should be used or what it contains.
Now, whenever you create a new page you will have the option to choose between a blank page or the page template.
Create a page template from the page Actions tab
To create a page template using the page actions tab, you need to:
- Navigate to the page you would like to create a template for in the Govstack back office
- In the top right corner, select 'Actions'
- Select 'Create Content Template'
- In the menu that appears, name your content template in the 'Name' field
- When adding a new page to your website, your new Content Template will now appear as an option to choose from
Edit or delete a page template
If you'd like to edit or delete a page template, you need to reach out to GHD Digital's support team and we can help you out.