Multiple pop-up Alerts will appear on your website, one at a time in carousel fashion, and members of the public can view each Alert by selecting the left or right arrows to view the next Alert.
Alert Display Order
If there are multiple Alerts that you'd like to post at the same time, you can set the order that they will display on your website.
Set the order for multiple Alerts
If you would like one Alert to display before another in a carousel, you need to:
- Navigate to the 'Alerts' node in the Govstack CMS back office
- Select the name of the Alert you would like to appear first
- Under the 'Settings' tab for the Alert, ensure the 'Alert's Start Date' is the most recent start date out of all the Alerts you are looking to post simultaneously
- Select 'Save and publish'
- Next, select the 'Alerts' node again
- Select the name of the Alert you would like to appear second in the carousel order
- Under the 'Settings' tab of your Alert, ensure this 'Alert's Start Date' is the second-most recent start date out of all the Alerts you are looking to post (or posted at an older time than your first Alert)
- Repeat step 6 for any subsequent Alerts that you would like to appear third, fourth, fifth, etc. in the carousel order
- Select 'Save and publish' for each Alert
Depending on the type of Alert you've selected (pop-up or banner), multiple alerts will display differently. You will select the display option under the 'Settings' tab when you add or edit an Alert.
If you choose the banner display setting, multiple banner Alerts will appear at the top of your website in carousel fashion and members of the public can view each Alert by selecting the left or right arrows to view the next Alert.
You may also set up a pop-up Alert and banner Alert to display at the same time on a page. In this instance, both will appear for members of the public when they first arrive to the site.