Within the Govstack content management system (CMS), you can allow members of the public to subscribe to and unsubscribe from your established News Categories.
Edit the subscription, confirmation and unsubscribe pages
Your subscription page is a standard embedded form that requests members of the public provide:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- All news categories they would like to subscribe to
You can add content to this page by adding content components under the 'Content' tab of your 'Subscribe' node, located in the left-hand tree menu of the Govstack back office.
You can also edit your 'Confirmation' page and 'Unsubscribe' page using the 'Confirmation' and 'Unsubscribe' nodes found when expanding your 'Subscription' node. The 'Confirmation' page includes a standard button that requests users to click to 'Confirm Subscription'. The 'Unsubscribe' page includes a standard button that requests users to click to 'Unsubscribe'.
Edit subscription email notifications
To edit the email notifications that are sent to members of the public who subscribe, confirm subscription and unsubscribe from news or blog categories.
Please note, the "##CLIENTNAME##" text is a placeholder token that will auto-fill with the subscriber's name when an email is sent. Do not delete or edit this token.
To edit these notifications:
- Navigate to the 'Subscribe' node in the left-hand tree menu under the 'Content' tab in the Govstack back office. Under the 'Settings' tab, you can edit many aspects of your email messages
- In the 'Confirmation Email Subject' field, enter the subject line for the confirmation email sent to subscribers.
- In the 'Confirmation Email Body' field, enter the email body for the confirmation email sent to subscribers
- In the 'Notification Email Subject' field, enter the subject line for new notification emails sent to subscribers
- In the 'Notification Email Body' field, enter the email body for the notification emails. The '##MESSAGE##' and '##HEADING##' text are placeholder tokens that will auto-fill with your post's message and heading.
- In the 'Subscribe Successfully Submit' field, enter the success message sent to subscribers when they have successfully subscribed to one or more news categories.
- In the 'Subscribe Failed to Submit' field, enter the fail message sent to subscribers when they have failed to submit a subscription request.
- In the 'Confirm Subscription Failed to Subscribe' field, enter the fail message when the confirmation link failed to register.
- In the 'Confirm Subscription Successfully Subscribe' field, enter the message sent to subscribers when they have successfully confirmed their subscription.
- In the 'Unsubscribe Success', enter the message sent to subscribers when they have successfully unsubscribed from your News category(s).
- In the 'Unsubscribe Fail', enter the message sent to subscribers when they have not successfully unsubscribed from a News category(s).
The subscription email address confirmation link is only valid for 48 hours. If the email address is not confirmed within those 48 hours, it will be removed from the database and a new subscription form will have to be completed.
In some cases, customers are getting a 404 error page when trying to confirm their subscription to multiple categories.
This happens when the query string is over 2048 characters, or when more than 10 categories are being subscribed to.
We recommend re-evaluating News categories and consolidating where possible. If unable to reduce the number of categories, please have customers complete multiple subscription forms, only selecting 10 categories at a time.